abt hyperterminal

dhruvit

can anybody tell me
how to read data from PLC using hyperterminal
and which type of data i will get
i m a beginner for plc so please help me

Welcome to the forum,

If I got you correctly, you are trying to read PLC internal memory area. I doubt what you trying to achieve is possible with Hyper terminal.

Hyper Terminal reads ASCII from a port, unless your PLC is sending data out thru it.

Regards

i want to know when i m online using my micrologix-1100 and supose if i toggle the i/p bit and my o/p is on so what kind of msg or string i will get on my hyperterminal actually i want to send that data to other embeeded controller so plz help me

The data you want to send out of the port is determined by you by putting the necessary logic in the PLC based on your requirements when you trigger the input.

Without putting any logic in the PLC the port gives out nothing, - not even a :ROFLMAO: or :cry:

Read the ASCII instructions on your software help topics or the instruction set reference from Rockwell

Last edited:
TAHNKS for your reply plz tell me which instruction i should use in my PLC
i m using micrologix-1200
and how?
so the it can show me on my hyperterminal