Capturing Micrologix Fault Codes

Old No. 7

Is there a way to capture the fault codes in a Micrologix PLC so that they can be read after the fault has been cleared?

What I was thinking about was copying the fault code out of the Status word into a Integer file, but I'm assuming that since the processor is faulted, it wont execute the rung. I haven't tried this yet, and figured I would check to see if anyone has tried it.

I don't know which Micrologix you are working with but on the ones I have used, under Processor Status, Debug Tab, is a setting for Fault Routine (S:29).

Setting this address to the number of a subroutine that you want to run one scan when a fault occurs. In that routine you can read the fault info and place it into other data tables for reading later.

Similar Topics

Hello. I actually still have a customer that has a 486 running a DOS program controlling a press. My task, convert it to an AB PLC and PV+. I am...
Replies
Views
is it possible to capture a value while its constantly changing then taking its highest reading? I have a nozzle that sprays for 10 seconds. I...
Replies
Views
Hey all, First time poster looking for a little help. I have a Kinetix 6000 drive that I am capturing faults for in RSLogix but I need some help...
Replies
Views
Hello PLC Experts, I want to do a logic where in an analog value will be captured per second or in any time possible and move that value into a...
Replies
Views
Processor: Schneider M241 Software: SoMachine 4.3 I am trying to capture the RPM of a shaft using a prox sensor. The shaft has two cams on it...
Replies
Views
Back
Top Bottom