1756-HSC with open collector output encoder

pauly

I have a Red Lion model ZMD encoder which I would like to interface to a 1756-HSC card in a Logix rack. The input connection details are a little confusing however. One of the articles on the Rockwell knowledge base talks about using a pull up resistor the other shows the open collector output connected directly to the card please see attachments. Has any body had any experience with this card and could point me in the right direction?
Thanks in advance.

64417-1.jpg

Attachments

• Encoder pullup resistor.doc
    96 KB · Views: 51
Both ways are OK for 1756-HSC.

Connection without pull-up resistors can be used with cards that have isolated return wires per each channel.

Similar Topics

I have am trying to determine if I can use a 1756-IB16I (or some dc input equivalent) to handle a 24vdc input pulse frequency of 80 pulses per...
Replies
Views
Just finished an upgrade from a SLC500 to CLX where they had a 1746-HSCE and we're now using a 1756-HSC. Two wire pulse signal from the...
Replies
Views
I have an older SLC500 that has a PLS card in its rack. I want to remove the SLC and add a L23E-QBFC1. Can a resolver be wired up to the High...
Replies
Views
Our ABB Vision System requires a Pulse Train Input from an Encoder (12-15 VDC)to calculate the speed of the web. Instead of adding an encoder to...
Replies
Views
I am upgrading HSC modules and have some questions. I can't attach the manuals for reference as they are too large. 1746-HSCE uses M0:e.1/4 for a...
Replies
Views
Back
Top Bottom