Micro Logix 1200 PLC Schematics

timk

I have several Micro Logix 1200's that are bad. Looks like fine metal dust has gotten between the lower board and the plastic outer shell. There are several resistors that are burnt. They are surface mount and I can replace them. However I can't determine what the values are. Does anyone know where a person can come up with a set of schematics for these or the values for the resistors.

PLC Info
Micrologix 1200
CAT 1762-L24BWA
SER. A
REV. J
FRN 12

Resistors are on the underside of bottom board (Power supply) The reference Numbers for the resistors are R60, R61, R68, R71, R72

Thanks

Timk,

the schematics are protected information and only certain repair shops that meet ab's requirements will have them.

my suggestion is to go and buy new units and mount them so that the same thing doesn't happen again.

even if you replaced the resistors, there is no guarantee that this will fix the problem or how long the repair will last.

i don't know your situation, but production is everything and the cost of several 1200's are a drop in the bucket compared to the cost associated with downtime, wages, and time it will take to repair, find other problems, fix them, and have the unit crash in a week or two.

regards,
james

Doubt you'll find schematics. Buy one off eBay, and make your own.
That will give you a working reference.

Or do like we do and throw it in the garbage can and buy a ML1100 with ethernet and online edits! Then you can work on it from the luxury of air conditioning without having to go out on the hot plant floor!

Then you can work on it from the luxury of air conditioning without having to go out on the hot plant floor!
I hope that from your air conditioned office you can hear the screams of the people out on the hot plant floor as the online edits you were sure would fix the problem turn out to make things worse.

I hope that from your air conditioned office you can hear the screams of the people out on the hot plant floor as the online edits you were sure would fix the problem turn out to make things worse.

Oh you defiantly hear the screams when half the plant shuts down. And they last A LONG time after its back up and running!

Thanks Guys

Not really wanting to put them in to production just get them working again, just want to use them for prototyping. Wouldn't trust them for production applications.

And yes the heat sucks. But I do not have an air conditioned office. I work a 12 hour shift 6-7 days a week as a maintenance tech. Believe it or not it is hotter for maintenance than for the operators. They have fans pointed at them, we are usually where the fans are not.

Thanks