Searching for set/coil, Simatic LAD/STL/FBD s7

Daye.04

Hey all.

You guys don't know me, but you've given me a great deal of help over some time ^^

Anyhow. I was wondering if anyone knew of a way to find where a contact is being set. When I use goto location, I only find contacts of the same kind. I can't find the coil or any indication as to how it's set.

Is there anyone with any idea what could help? Any assistance is greatly appreciated
Thanks =)

If you use the "go to address" function you will get a small list of all accesses. The accesses are separated into write (W), and reads (R). For bools, W is the same as a coil.
If the above is what you have already tried, then I think you are not right in that you only find the same kind of contact.
Go to adress finds all regular coils and also set and reset coils.

Thank you for the respone, Jesper. Although this proves my fear right.

I do in fact only find R-adresses. Now I do recall having used this function before, and as far as I remember it does go outside of it's own function block, if any referenced part were to exist in another function block.

Is there any circumstances where it would not do that, and that you have to look it up on your own?

Or any other explanation as to why I can't find the coil for this thing?

Wow ... This is embaressing ... But I seem to be unable to find where the said file is/where one would go to delete the reference list. Would you mind pointing me in a direction? =P

well, this sucks. I've deleted the reference list and regenerated it. Still it only displays R-adresses.

It's an M154.7, if that rings any bells that would explain this situation ..?

Either the coil isnt there (accidently deleted ?), or the address is not right (typo when you entered the address ?). You can browse through the cross reference to see if anything reminds of the address.
Dont you use symbols and symbolic priority ?

Hmm. Reuploaded the program from the PLC in place, working. And still the coil is missing.

Well, it shouldn't be possible to mistype the adress, since I'm right-clicking on the contacter-symbol and using "go to -> Location"

And yes, I do think I do. But I might not. If that isn't using the ladder symbols, then I don't know what it is =P

There is no HMI connected as far as I can tell.

I checked the box for overlapping, and found one single Write block. This has the adress MB154 whereas the contact has the adress M154.7 - this block might be the one I'm looking for ..?

Last edited:
There is no HMI connected as far as I can tell.

I checked the box for overlapping, and found one single Write block. This has the adress MB154 whereas the contact has the adress M154.7 - this block might be the one I'm looking for ..?

Yep MB154 = M154.0 --> M154.7