AB lost comunication

Richa

I use my laptop to access various RSlogix 5000 PLCs, The other day my L32E took a **** on a machine, while installing a new one I had trouble with the Ethernet port, I could communicate but never could download the program. I finally did it by the serial port. I went back to try to communicate with my other machines and though it was talking I could never find a path to get online. I would see this error, Failed to go online with control RSLinx does not recognize communication Path. Try checking port by browsing in RSwho. I have no idea what RSwho is and have never had this problem before

I have no idea what RSwho is and have never had this problem before

RSWho is the configuration of RSLinx, you must configure RSLinx before you do anything on line with the CPU

RSWho is the configuration of RSLinx, you must configure RSLinx before you do anything on line with the CPU
Right, now I am waiting for our PLC programmer to give me the RSlinx disc, it is calling out for. He is fishing in Michigan, but I guess you can do that when you make $800 a hour

If you "use RSlogix 5000 to access various PLCs" and "could communicate", then RSLinx Classic is definitely installed on your computer. You don't need a CD to install anything new.

What you need to do is understand the way that RSLogix 5000 stores and configures its "online path".

Because there are multiple ways to access a controller, RSLogix 5000 stores the last several "paths" that were used to access a controller. In your case, the most recent paths have probably been over RS-232 serial and over Ethernet.

Uploading, downloading, or going online with a controller always takes two general steps:

1. Configure a driver in RSLinx Classic and confirm that you can "browse" to the controller. The network browser inside RSLinx Classic is called the "RSWho" function.

2. Configure RSLogix 5000 to use that Online Path. You can do this via the main menu, selecting Communications -> Who Active or ->Select Recent Path. The same functions are available onscreen: the drop-down launches the Select Recent Path dialog and the network icon launches a Who Active session.

Please provide as many details as you can on the problems you're having, including the exact steps you take, the names of the drivers you're using and details about how they are set up, and especially the exact and complete text of any error messages you observe.