compact logix

Are you trying to control something or scale an input to some engineering units ( measured value). Output to what?

The SCP instruction is just a simple linear equation in the General Form.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Linear_equation

The ControlLogix has a Scale instruction in the Function Block Diagram language, but many users of the SLC-500 "Scale with Parameters" instruction prefer ladder logic, so this was one of the first Add-On Instructions that I saw created.

Search "SCP AOI" on this forum, or grab the standard Rockwell Automation version from the Sample Code website by searching for document 044714.

http://samplecode.rockwellautomation.com/idc/groups/public/documents/webassets/sc_home_page.hcst

grab the standard Rockwell Automation version from the Sample Code website

You can also find it in the Sample Projects folder of Logix5000. Look for 'Add_On_Instructions_Sample.ACD'.

The path should look something like this:

My computer > C:/ > RS Logix5000 > Projects > Samples > ENU > Rockwell Automation

You may have to choose the version of Logix you have between the ENU and RA selections as well.