GX Developer Detach Comments from Program

DamianInRochester

Lifetime Supporting Member
I am using GX Developer Version 8.83M with a Q00JCPU.

I have run out of program memory/steps. I have noticed that the rung comments are increasing that memory. Is there a way to detach the rung comments from the downloaded program? I don't care that the comments are not stored in the CPUE. I have looked all over and can not find a way to do it. I hate the thought of having to erase the comments just to free up programming memory.

OK, I think I have figured it out.

I went to Edit > Documentation > Statement/Note Block Edit ...

On the "Line Statement" Tab, I press the top left corner cell of the spreadsheet. Then select the "In Peripheral" radio button, then the "Change Type" button.

This appears to have literally freed up about 40% of the program memory.

This software reminds me of the stuff that was out back in the 80s.

Also of note, when choosing comments (or "statements" as Mitsubishi likes to call them) to be separate as opposed to embedded, it precedes those statements with an "*".

Last edited: