SLC 5/03 DH Download

Zombo

Quick question... If a AB data highway
is setup for several SLC using addresses
1-10. Lets station 5 SLC goes down and
has to be replaced wi!th a new SLC with
factory default values. Can I download the
original program over the data highway via a dial up modem? Thanks!

An SLC-5/03 out of the box is set for Node 1 on DH-485. In your system, it would conflict with the existing Node 1 and you wouldn't be able to download to it over the DH-485 network.

You can't dial up directly to a DH485 network anyhow because DH485 is a token-passing network that can't handle modems.

If I had a system like the one you describe, I would use a 1747-KE module for modem access and would start the network node numbers at Node 2. That way if an SLC ever had to be replaced reloaded via modem, you could get to it as Node 1.

There are other ways to do what you want, but I'm limiting my comments to the exact scenario you presented.

The way I am actually doing it is
attaching a dial up modem to channel
0 of processor station #2. Channel #0
is set up for a modem connection and the
pass thru bit is enabled. The only
problem is a SLC in operation before
the DH+ was installed was set to station
#1. Station #1 has a 2 touchpanels attached
to it and to change the station ID would
result in chaging alot of tag numbers.
We tried swaping the new slc with the
factory defaults into station #1 just
to try to download the program but
no luck. The system works fine otherwiswe......