ML1500 CPU burns out frequently

lalprasob

Hi friends........i am facing the following problem with ML1500 LSP CPU....ML1500 CPU in my system burned out 2 weeks before...i changed the CPU...Within 18 Hours , the same problem repeated..Then i checked all wiring and earthing and installed new one....it worked for 13 days...After that the same burning problem repeated.......i cant find out the reason....pls help me..
System configuration is- ML1500 LSP Series C, 28BXB base , 3 IQ32 and 3 OB32 ( total of 6 modules connected with CPU )...no PA2 used...

Are you powering the outputs with the same power supply as the CPU?
If so do you have surge protection on all inductive loads?

Welcome to the forum,

I understand "God's own country" is infamous for frequent power outrages and voltage fluctuations.

You may need some considerations to have a steady supply to the PLC.

Regards

Hi Mickey,
I am using 3 SMPS's. one for PLC CPU, one for all digital inputs , one for all digital outputs...I have not used any surge protection circuits.......I have provided UPS for SMPS of PLC CPU only.....is this configuration will create any problem?..pls reply

Last edited:
Hi Mickey,
I am using 3 SMPS's. one for PLC CPU, one for all digital inputs , one for all digital outputs...I have not used any surge protection circuits.......I have provided UPS for SMPS of PLC CPU only.....is this configuration will create any problem?..pls reply

Here is a guide for you. See PDF

if temperature will be a factor for this type of PLC failure? When i observed the temperature of PLC CPU during operation, i got the value above 45 degree celcius......The PLC system is installed in the harsh environment of a steel plant where temperature is always high...Air conditioner installed in the PLC room was not in a working condition during this PLC failure.....

if temperature will be a factor for this type of PLC failure? When i observed the temperature of PLC CPU during operation, i got the value above 45 degree celcius......The PLC system is installed in the harsh environment of a steel plant where temperature is always high...Air conditioner installed in the PLC room was not in a working condition during this PLC failure.....

See spec

specs.jpg