basic plc to desktop computer connection

cw77

I have a pc running windows ME with rslynx and rslogix 5 on it, and I have an AB plc 5/40 processor I want to be able to program from the computer. Do I need a special interface card for the computer or can I just buy a 9 pin cable that plugs into both?

officially it's a 1784-CP10 ...

and here's the pinout if you want to build your own ...

PLC-5 User Manual

check out Figure 25.5 on page 25-7 [Adobe Reader page 331 of 350] ...

tip: you probably won't need the little jumpers ... just the three wires 2-2 and 3-3 and 5-7 ...

thanks

thanks for the info, thats what I needed to know. I was looking for that manual pdf too for the dip switch settings!

Similar Topics

As per the title, does anybody make a basic PLC that directly supports IO-Link without requiring a fieldbus and remote IO modules? I know it goes...
Replies
Views
Create ladder logic program to count 4 on pulses (not using a counter) and then turn the output on if the on pulse input signal can look like the...
Replies
Views
Hi Friends, I'm making a PLC operated chocolate vending machine, using a CLICK Basic PLC (C0-00DD2-D) which has 2 x RS232 ports. I'm also using...
Replies
Views
hi all, which AB PLC or module that runs on BASIC language? thanks
Replies
Views
Hi all, First time posting. I'm an new journeyman electrician from Canada trying to move to the industrial side of things. I have so far written...
Replies
Views
Back
Top Bottom