Prosoft 3150-EMR Manual

Give them a call, they have excellent support. They just might have one laying around
in that dusty room in the back.

It is on an old machine of a customer of mine's. I got the part number off of the electrical drawings. I do get quite a few hits on google, so it does seem that the 3150-EMR did exist as well. Although the manual you linked is extrememly similar to what I saw today. I wonder what difference there might be if any.

Are these things just BASIC modules with modified firmware?

I believe they are just modifoed bascic modules. The FX drives could receive/send ascii strings to communicate;

"DS1=1500" would set INDEX #1 distance to a value of 1500 (all integer) The resolution is set in the drive configuration.

You can find a manual on Emerson's site for "FX serial commands"

The AB end was alot of BTW/BTR commands and copies (I don't program AB's)

I believe they are just modifoed bascic modules. The FX drives could receive/send ascii strings to communicate;

"DS1=1500" would set INDEX #1 distance to a value of 1500 (all integer) The resolution is set in the drive configuration.

You can find a manual on Emerson's site for "FX serial commands"

The AB end was alot of BTW/BTR commands and copies (I don't program AB's)

Yeah, I'm pretty savvy on the Emerson side of it. I had just never seen this particular Prosoft card before. I have used the BASIC modules. The customer purchased an EP to replace the old FX/PCM but obviously the EP doesn't support ASCII or RS232. So I need to understand what data the Prosoft module was sending back and forth so that I can get it done in some other fashion.

Thanks