Diagnostics Popup in Citect

electro89

Hey everyone,
I'm using citectscada 7.2 and basically what i'd like to do is create a popup that will display diagnostics of a certain device (ex. Motor = ok, Auto Mode, etc) when you click on the device.
I've looked in the help and looked online but could not find any clear answer.
I'm also fairly new to this program. any help would be greatly appreciated.. thanks!

so far it seems like using a super genie would be my best route. i think i can figure out how to create one, but not sure about how to make it a popup

create pop-up window for any device

hi
I am also new to scada 7.2. I am learning from begining.
Just read your post and finished my registration for the forum.
When you click on any device you want a pop up window to be appeared with its all characteristics..am I right?

I think you can do this by :
when u click on a symbol on graphics page, the "symbol property dialog box" will appear. Click on input tab and type the commmand : PageDisplay("....")
In bracket you can write a name of a page you want to display. e.g.For a pump F111A,you need to write PageDisplay("F111A").
Click ok when you finished.

so when you compile and run your project, if you click on the graphics page on Pump F111A, it will direct you to the page for a specific pump(or motor in your case).

Thats what I have done.
Hope that helps you.

You are probably better off with the super genie.
It is possible to program pop up screens - have done it many times before for help pages and other active pages.
The problem with pop up screens is you have to close them as well. Many operators leave a heap of them open and then confusion reigns.
Fortunately there is setting to limit the number of pop up screens, should you decide to go that way.