GE to AB programing

RVon

Hello,
I am working on converting GE Faunc 90-30 to control logicand I found a contact in the ge program that states its "Always Off" what would this contact translate to in RSLogix 5000?

There is also an GE block that is an "Array move bool" which moves 3 real numbers and a controller tag with a "Real" data type into a "Bool" controller tag. Any ideas of what this converts too?

Thanks for any help.

RVon - there is no built-in "Always Off" or "Always On" bit in 5000. When I want one, I create it by making rung with nothing but an unlatch coil (U) to drive it low.

As for the Array Move Bool, don't quite know.

Steve

GE defines both an "Always On" and and "Always Off" bit which is superfluous since a normally open contact from "ALW_ON" is always true and a normally closed contact from "ALW_ON" is always false. A normally open contact form "ALW_OFF" would be the same as an AFI instruction.

I don't believe there is a direct replacement for GE's ARRAY_MOVE instruction. The ARRAY_MOVE with a BOOL data type operates on individual bits within a word which is pretty straighforward in Logix5000.