Device-Net and PLC5 over DH+

sugarbeet

I have a PLC5 PLC sitting on a DH+ network with a Device-Net scanner installed on the rack. And I have been informed that I can access the Device-net scanner from a workstation on the DH+ network. I have not been able to work this out yet and was wondering if anyone has tried and hopefully suceeded before.
Cheers

It's called DeviceNet Pass-Through. You need a certain DN firmware revision for this to work. You then in Linx select the DN pass-through driver, 1771-SDNPT.

I have a PLC5 PLC sitting on a DH+ network with a Device-Net scanner installed on the rack. And I have been informed that I can access the Device-net scanner from a workstation on the DH+ network. I have not been able to work this out yet and was wondering if anyone has tried and hopefully suceeded before.
Cheers
Thanks guys for your assistance, I tried to get it working but with not much success. I gained further assistance from Rockwell but they believe that as we are using multi-level networks to access the Device-Net nodes then it would not be possible. Also we are unable to determine what level Firmware our PLC5 VME processor is, which is also critical. Thanks for you help, but it looks as thought we will have to keep taking our Laptop out to the Device-net scanner. Cheers again