RSL5000 AOI Import

Mike_RH

Lifetime Supporting Member
I have an exported AOI instruction that was created in RSL5K V19.
I want to import it into a V16 project. I have edited the import file so the target software is V16.
The import still fails unless the project is defined for V19.
There is nothing special in the code - just XIC / XIO /TON /TOF.

Has anyone tried this? Any suggestions?

Thanks

Yes, I have done this before. It has been a while though. If I recall it is the "external access" parameters that are killing it. You have to do more than just tell it you want rev16.

Open the file up for a version 16 export and then a version 19 export. Compare and you will be able to see what must be done.

17-20 play nice together. Anything pre-17 is a HASSLE.

Good luck.

RSL

i had to do this recently. you have to edit the aoi xml and get rid of the tags causing the error. the logix5000 aoi import will tell you which line the error is on. MAKE A BACKUP OF THE AOI. then open the aoi xml file and delete the <tag><\tag> items on the line (may spread over several lines). Do this for each error.
In my case is was tag formatting info that is in v19 but not in v16.
you may have to alter the header as well.

Don't expect to convert it quickly or at the first attempt

M

Mike, Thanks for the reply, where does the AOI import routine report the line number of the error?
I am just getting a fault message with no detail information.

Thanks