AB Powerflex

majlov

Hello,

I have a problem with my powerflex 70EC-E. I have a communication through 20-comm-e. I downloaded parameters by drive executive and then upload to my project in RSLogix 5000, already. But I have still problems code 16#109 Connection request error: invalid connection size.
Could you help me to solve it please?

Thank you very much.

There are two dip switches on the the Ethernet Adapter. One of them places the module in so called Multi-Drive mode. Make sure you didn't accidently set that switch.

The Multi-Drive Mode switch is on the PowerFlex 4-series, not the PowerFlex 70EC.

The PowerFlex 70EC is nicely integrated into RSLogix 5000 with an add-on profile that launches an embedded instance of DriveTools.

The size of the Input and Output assemblies for such a connection depend on the configuration of several parameters related to DataLinks. These are well described in the User Manual, and a specific troubleshooting document about this specific error is found in the RA Knowledgebase article ID #164653 (TechConnect required).

DataLinks are configured using parameters that are in the PowerFlex drive itself, as well as in the 20-COMM-E, so just downloading to the Drive won't necessarily set up the 20-COMM-E. Be sure you have configured both the drive and the 20-COMM-E for the appropriate number of DataLinks.

Both the drive and the 20-COMM-E require a reset (or a power cycle) before these parameters will take effect.

Thank you for your tips..I'm trying to find our techconnect number..I have a problem with input parameter for port0.. in this size of input parameter are also Digitalin or no?because college try it in company and he said it is working but onsite we have just change in digitalin.

thank you

I do not understand your question.

Please re-phrase it or provide a screenshot of the parameter field you are interested in.

Thank you guys. In that file which you posted, was solution for it. So problem were in parameter 23,35,36 of 20 COMM-E these parameters should be same and coresponding with Module definition data links.