AB Micrologic 1100 IP Address

tumbared

Hello All.
Have set my IP address setting on 1100 using serial connection and when I recycle power everything is ok not until I put it on the network then its IP address changes to 10.10.10.6 which I never configured at any time! Your assistance very much appreciated!

Are you sure you downloaded the program to the PLC after you made those changes? Modifications to the comm channel settings cannot be made while you are online. You'll also probably get a warning when you download that the communication configuration has changed.

did the modifications and download offline and accepted the change in settings for overwriting and the PLC shows my changes but once the network RJ45 is connected in a few seconds the IP changes to 10.10.10.1

did the modifications and download offline and accepted the change in settings for overwriting and the PLC shows my changes but once the network RJ45 is connected in a few seconds the IP changes to 10.10.10.1

Sometimes it is necessary to remove power from the device after setting the IP address, wait a few seconds, then power it back up to reconfigure the address changes during boot. Check your user manual to be sure.

Paul

Hi All
My project is almost done, production underway for the past week BUT remote PLC access is still a challenge thru our network due to the defaulting address, so for troubleshooting one has to carry a laptop to the machine!

Any more ideas/help!!!,

Is this controller connected to an enterprise network that might include a DHCP enforcement tool ?

That's the only reasonable explanation I can think of for the IP address appearing to change from a static IP to a dynamic IP.

The only way to be certain is to configure a tap or mirrored Ethernet port and use a protocol analyzer like Wireshark to capture the TCP traffic to the MicroLogix controller.