PEPS Antenna Test

timryder

I have an application where I need to test for the presence of a PEPS antenna in the center console of a car. I need to automate this test where I have an operator hook up a harness to the console and the PLC can initiate a test to verify this antenna is there.

I know that the 2 connections of the antenna do not touch, so resistance is not an option. I'm not really sure where to go with this one... anyone have any ideas how to test an antenna? The MFG doesn't provide me with a solution I can automate.

Capacitance meter with analog output to feed into your PLC

GLK Instruments

http://www.glkinst.com/

Model 3000 Standard Features -

• [FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Convenient 2-Terminal Capacitance Measurements using Low Cost Shielded Probes[/FONT]
  • [FONT=Arial,Helvetica]ONE Femtofarad (1x10-15 Farad) Resolution & Basic Accuracy of 0.1%![/FONT]
  • [FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]The Model 3000 Capacitance Meter includes both analog output and digital I/O at the USB Port[/FONT]
  • [FONT=Arial,Helvetica]Ideal for High Accuracy Measurement of Chip Capacitors[/FONT]
  • [FONT=Arial,Helvetica]Very Low Power Consumption on Battery Power (< 3mA at 9 V) [/FONT]
  • [FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]LabVIEW© Support [/FONT][FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]View LabVIEW© Screen shot[/FONT]
  • [FONT=Arial,Helvetica]Extended Range and Higher Resolution Available Through USB Port[/FONT]