Uploading from Magelis Panel

juanmdx

Hello everyone,

I just got a Magelis Panel, that is conected with a CompaqLogix via Ethernet, I don't have the Vijeo software but when I get on the RSLinx I can see an Unidentified Device, which is the Panel.

So, my question is, if I get the Vijeo Software Demo (which is full featured for 21 days), can I get online with the panel and upload it, in order to make a few changes?, or is it posible that there is only a runtime on the panel and maybe I won't be able to upload anything?

The panel is a Magelis XBT GT 5330

I could just install the demo version and try this out, I know, but this panel is on a different city and I want to know if there is a chance I can upload something and change it before I made the trip; or maybe I should get the full Vijeo software.

Hope you can help me.

Regards

Hi

I have used Vijeo Designer in the past (a year or two ago) and also programmed the same HMI as you.
Vijeo Designer does not let you upload anything which is a serious downfall in their software. You can only download, If you don't have the original program you can only re-write the lot.

Sorry to be the bearer of bad news!

It could be they have updated their software to cater for uploading, I'm running V4.7.0.8067 and you can't upload in this version.

Hope this helps though.

Also see http://www.plctalk.net/qanda/showthread.php?t=62462