siemens APT

jude

Starting a new job they use APT by siemens I have on line user manuals on the siemens web site downloaded and am reading them just wondering if anyone has any advice on what aspects of the programming I should socus on first to get oriented on the programming

I think that your PLC is actually TI 505 which Siemens took over at some time. You will probably get more responses if your topic header mentioned TI 505 PLC or TI APT software.

There is a 3rd party company (CTI) that still support the TI505. Dont think that you can get any support from Siemens. Lucky that you could find the manuals.

Amazing that anyone is still using it. I used it many years ago (late 80's I think) and in many ways it was way ahead of it's time. But utterly different to conventional ladder programming, more like a modern DCS really.
In those days the big problem was the compile time, but with modern PC's that is probably no longer an issue.
I have heard that Siemens has some tool to port APT applications to Step 7 I think.

all I know is that comming from PLC5 and SLC500 with some 5000 programming I feel like I am trying to learn Martian when I barely understand english