PLC2 error

trsptfire

Got an odd one here, trying to set up a laptop for the guys on the floor and getting an error when I try to go online. I attached the jpg. By the way I can upload the program from the processor to the laptop just cannnot go online.o_O

PLC2_Error.jpg

1988 called, and they wonder why you never visit

This might be a real tough one to diagnose.

Are you booting into DOS on these computers, using DOSBOX or another virtual machine, or attempting to run AI-2 natively in Windows ?

This might be an operating system configuration issue, a driver configuration issue, or a hardware issue.

Are you using the old ICOM 'Smart Cable', a 1784-PCMK with -PCM2 cable, or some other hardware interface ?

We could use some more PLC-2 expertise around here; most of our knowledge is getting stale. Thanks for posting !

The RA Knowledgebase has a couple of TechConnect articles that refer to that error code.

Article ID # 52624 How to get online with AI-2 software
Article ID # 6195 AI-2 Software Returned and Error Code of -2 on Windows NT, 2000, and XP.

Last 2 PLC2's

Ken, I am running the PLC2 software on Windows XP laptops one running fine the other giving the errors, even tried using compatibility options(real joke) and changing memory options under properties for the icon. We order one of the USB2PLC2 cables off the internet and running it under the icom serial driver. Not real big deal they can use my laptop I guess, just can't stand when I can't figure something out.