plc solved problems

dimebag

Hi everyone, im begginer in Plc so i wanted to ask if someone wants to share some basic solved problems to see how things work in pratice or directs me where i can find solved tasks and problems. im using siemens logo but can be anything like that. Thanks very much!!!

You can find sample programs for Siemens Logo on the site of Siemens.
They can learn you a lot how to solve problems.

For most guys here, a Siemens Logo is not a PLC, just an expanded programmable Timer.... But you can do nice things with them.

Thanks thats something i was looking for, if someone has his own little project for semestral work or exam, something basic and wants to share i would be very thankful.

Here is a story that I have concerning a conveyor oven:
The motor for the Conveyor Belt drive went bad.
The replacement motor that came in was turning too fast
We couldn't slow it down any more with sprockets, so we intermittently turned the Drive Output (Jog) on and off
Temporary fix we hooked up a Moeller Easy 412-AC relay
              1          2          3          4                      
1 - - - [M1 Light up M1 (Memory address)
2 - M1 - TT1 If M1 is on, start timing T1
3 T1 - - [Q1 When T1 is done Turn on Output 1
|
- - TT2 When T1 is done start timing T2
4 T2 - - [Q2 When T2 is done Turn on Output 2
|
- - RM1 When T2 is done Reset M1

Then I had a little cheat sheet where we would control the Belt speed by changing the timer value.
  Temporary Belt Speed Conversion:
Desired Belt Speed Delay Timer Settings
Inches/minute T2 T1
1 1.75 58.25
2 1.75 28.25
3 1.75 18.25
4 1.75 13.25
5 1.75 10.25
6 1.75 8.25
7 1.75 6.82
8 1.75 5.75

Like I say it was only temporary.

if someone has his own little project for semestral work or exam, something basic and wants to share i would be very thankful.
At the top of your screen, click the yellow "Downloads" to find solved-problem PLC programs.

Here is a classic student problem, solved on this site before.

Project One
  1. When light one is on, YO is True,
  2. When light 3 and 1 is are on, Y2 will be on,
  3. When all 3 lights are on, Y3 will be on,
  4. When lights 1 and 2 are turned on, Y1 will be on and remain on after either light 1 or 2 are turned off. The only way to turn Y1 off after it is on is to turn light 3 on. If Light 3 is on and light 1 and 2 are on, then Y1 will be on.
  5. If no lights are on, Y5 will be on.
  6. Y4 will be on only if one or more lights are on.
  7. Add an additional switch to your program so that when X3 is true the above program will work in reverse (see below).
“Reverse” mode is as follows:
  1. When light 1 is on Y0 is false.
  2. when light 3 and 1 are on Y2 will be off.
  3. when all three lights are on Y3 will be off.
  4. When lights 1 and 2 are turned on, then Y1 will be off and remain off until light 3 is turned on. Y1 will remain on after light 3 is turned off (as long as lights 1 and 2 are on).
  5. If no lights are on, Y5 will be off.
  6. Y4 will be off if 2 or more lights are on.
  7. If you add an extra input to the circuit say X4, could you make all the outputs flash when x4 was true?
http://www.plctalk.net/qanda/showthread.php?t=24967&highlight=homework

Last edited: