WinCC Flex Adanced copy and paste

Bent

I need help writing a script or is there a funtion that I can program to a button that when pressed will copy date and time from a I/O Field to another I/O Field in WinCC Flexiable Advanced. Is this possible?

For the button, under the "press" event, add the "SetValue" action, for the parameters set the "Tag (out)" to the tag that is to be copied to, and set the "Value" to the tag that is to be copied from.

I did already attempt this but the I/O fields are tagged as bytes in a data block. They are all grayed out and I can not select them.

The tags that you want to copy are probably setup as array tags, and in that case you cannot use the SetValue function.

Maybe a script could do it, not sure.

I would trigger a call in the PLC to use SFC20 BLK_MOV to transfer all the bytes from one array to another array.

Yes, it is in an array. I think the block move is a good idea. I will give that a try. Thanks