C-more and alarms

dginbuffalo

I am configuring my first C-more and i want to know how i set up an alarm window showing active alarms? i have a button for alarm history, but how do i look at active alarms only? I see that they appear to scroll at the bottom of the all pages, but i would like a window with just active alarms-any help?

The C-More alarm system leaves something to be desired but works OK. Here's what I do:

1) In Event Manager, add an event linked to a tag. In the Action box, make sure one item, Alarm, is listed. I usually make all my alarm tags consecutive (for a MicroLogix for example, N100:0/0 ~ N100:10/15).
2) Select your text and back color. I usually start all alarms with x.y where x is the word in the alarm array and y is the bit. This can make things easy later on.
3) Export that to as spread sheet and cut and paste all the alarms you want (I usually put many more than I think I'll need)
4) Import tham back into C-More.

Now, when an alarm tag goes high, the text for that selected alarm will display across the bottom of the screen. If more than one exists, they will be displyed one at a time. For an alarm screen, I make another screen and place an Alarm Message object on it. Sadly, there isn't much you can do to make it look any better as there are pretty limited options with it. I usually put a PB there which clears the alarm table in the PLC and set a bit to link back to the C-More to clear the alarm history so they go away when the reset is pushed.