Stuxnet-Linked Cyber Weapon Hits Lebanon

Hmmm...I wonder if it is still the US and Israel, perhaps spying on banks suspected of ties to terrorists? Or a test run by another group based on the stuxnet concept? In either case, it seems a new arms race is being explored.

Cyber Warfare.. the new battle ground.

I suspect that as the Cyber warfare divisions get larger and mature we will see more of these types of invasions of our computer systems, both commercial and industrial. The fact that more industrial systems use the same chip sets and OS kernels as commercial computers makes it easier to infiltrate and monitor them than ever before.
The other big vulnerability is the move from PROM based BIOS to Flash based UEFI that can be altered on-the-fly and in the back ground. It is faster and more versatile than BIOS but with that comes the need for additional security measures.

Along with, can Kaspersky be completely trusted?

Last edited: