DL205 Modbus and GS-2?

dginbuffalo

Hello- what is the best way to interlock the VFD if i lose the communication link? if the drive is running and i pull the comm connection it continues to run. Is my only option running an output to the VFD's ext fault input? Seems like a waste if your trying to do everything across Modbus. o_O

While we don't use the GS2 our method is to perform start/stop with a hard contact. Issuing of speed and reading of status is done through Modbus. We set the drive to 'Continue last' (Powerflex 4) but we monitor any fault in the status or any communication error and shut down the 'start' output.

Parameter P9.03 in the GS2 seems to set the response to a communication fault.

Similar Topics

I am trying to connect a DL205 PLC to an equipment monitoring network to record when the machine is in cycle. I have an H2-ECOM100 connected to a...
Replies
Views
O boy- my pea brain is taxed right now... here's the issue i have a chiller that will only communicate when the parity is set to none and the stop...
Replies
Views
Hello, I've got some CNC control software (G-Code interpreter, etc) used for retrofitting lathes, mills etc... It has the capability to be a...
Replies
Views
I have some AD Direct Logic 205 series processors, racks and I/O cards, etc. that I used for development previously. It's (almost) useless to me...
Replies
Views
I have an older G310 - so stuck with Crimson 2, but although it is not nearly as cool, I'm doing ok with it. The issue I have is that I have a...
Replies
Views
Back
Top Bottom