TIA portal where did reference data go?

adamplc

I'm having a tough time trying to get used to old habbits in S7 and them not being the same in TIA portal. First impressions are its cr*p what were they thinking. Anyway how do you find out available memory bytes? I used to go to reference data in s7 and the list was right there. So if there is no reference data in TIA how do you find unused memory bytes?
Thanks for any help on this.

My next question how can you have more than 1 project open at the same time, I need to import functions from another project but see no import or any way to do this.

My next question how can you have more than 1 project open at the same time, I need to import functions from another project but see no import or any way to do this.

Start TIA V11 twice - it is possible to have two instances of portal running at the same time.

now this is not working

This is strange, why does this not work mw210 stays at zero even after the pulse of i1.0 used to work in s7, but if I use the other coil pulse it works.
I am using a 1200 series plc

counter.jpg counter not working.jpg

Carefully read the help on these instructions and try to understand how they work. They are a bit different than in the classic S7; also there are some new instructions for edge detection.