ethernet comms issues 1769-L35E(vmware)

Teglaco

Hello All

I lurk on the site regularly and you have gotten me out of trouble numerous times... thank you for that.

On to the fun: I'm running win7 with XP as a virtual machine with all my programming gear installed in XP. I've got a new 1769-L35E that i'm going to set up a small network with some remote I/O, touchscreen, etc. I cannot see the processor via ethernet. I've updated firmware to V19.11 and i'm online with my serial cable.

My IP add's and subnet mask seem fine, XP and 7 identical. The processor is one number off on the IP

PLC: 192.168.137.70
SUB: 255.255.255.0

XP: 192.168.137.69
SUB: 255.255.255.0

I was programming via ethernet through VMW yesterday, no issue. I'm thinking i missed something on the setup of the new processor.

Sorry for the length, wanted to have all info available.

Thanks All

Go into the vmware conections manager and see which physical port it is using on your host. Prolly switched to wireless if you have wireless on the hsot and it is enabled.

I have seen it change by itself a few times in vmware v7.

just checked, still on lan... i can ping vmware but i get no reply when i ping the plc. on the plc i have solid "ms" and "link" and flashing "ns" on the ethernet status led's.

when i go online with the processor and check the status of the port it gives me:
internal state: unconnected
configured: no
owned: no

those seem wrong / odd to me... ugghh

(y)on second pass plc kid... you are correct! i disabled my wireless adapter and checked rslinx... instant population. thank you for the push in the right direction... have i mentioned i love virtual machines?

Ethernet communication between Mico 1400 and Compact

What communication message instruction to use between the Compact and Micro 1400? Will the PLC5 type Read and Write work?