TECO SG2 Experience

bullet_head

SG2-12HR-D_large.jpg

I just started a project with a SG2-12HR-D from Factorymation I got about two years ago and I cannot connect to the darn thing to upload even a test program I made for it with the free software that came with it. I powered it on and the screen is green and blinks and the software cannot communicate via the serial cable. I tried different ports and even a USB to serial adapter with driver from their website but no luck. I thought the blinking screen might be a error code but there is nothing about it in the manual. o_O

Has anyone else had difficulty connecting to any of the SG2 PLR's to program them?

I have used these for home automation, (many years ago) and never had an issue. I would do a little trouble shooting to narrow down the possibilities.
1. Do you know for sure that your cable works?
2. Have you tried a different PC?
3. Have tried entering a simple rung from the SG2 status screen?

It's been awhile, but I think you have to have the cable connected at power up,not sure though, also there may be a programming switch. Have you read the free manual?

The user manual gives a simple procedure for establishing communications with the relay from the SG2 Client software via the serial port. Have you selected the correct port / (the software gives COM1-COM8)

I tried connecting it to two different computers. Also I messed with connecting the serial cable by way of a USB serial adapter so I could use the driver they recommend and selecting the proper COM port with no luck. I checked and there are no pins broken on the connector.

3. Have tried entering a simple rung from the SG2 status screen?
Can I do that without connecting it to a computer? When its powered on the screen only blinks and the buttons have no functions to select from.