Motors with integrated frequenci inverter

It's been some years now but I believe the ABB ACS160 was a drive built into a motor. Reliance did that too for a short while.

The concept is generally disliked especially since many motors are not in a very good environment for the drive electronics. And, there can be no such thing as local control since the drive-motor is generally nowhere near the operator.

The one plus of combining the drive and motor is cooling. The motor fan can help cool the drive and the drive can directly measure the motor temp.

Dick I have a customer that doesn't understand reducing the speed to 5% of base speed effects the cooling. The fan is In the shaft slow shaft speed= reduced air flow.
Sometimes you can't fix stupid.

Notice maintenance

Not nice idea at all on my experience.
Rather, select "normal" motor and VFD. Install VFD near the motor on the wall where someone can maintain it. Also, take into consideration field bus possibility.