How to Buy S7 Siemens in the UK

samadrazm

Hi,

I don't have a company, can I buy Siemens S7 PLC for personal use? Who should I contact with (in the UK)?

thanks,
Sam

At the moment you are a bit vague on what you want:

S7-200 is the smallest of the S7 range but it uses completely different software to the rest of the range and is coming to the end of its life cycle. The prices are reasonable and it is good for small systems.

S7-1200 is replacing the S7-200 and shares a new common programming software with the rest of the the S7 range. The prices are reasonable and it is good for small to small/medium systems. PLC base unit around £300 with software around £300

S7-300 is the more 'normal' type in the range and cover most sizes of jobs, the units are more expensive as is the software. PLC base unit in the range of £500 to £1500 with software in the same range.

S7-400 I think is the top of the range and I have no experience using or programming it.

The S7-200 & S7-1200 and some of the S7-300 range can be bought from RS Components with a credit card, they may want you to be a business but you can always fib. You don't get the normal consumer protection laws covering you.

Otherwise, Ebay is always a good place to start.

Thanks BryanG,

I was actually interested in process of buying things from Siemens, it's been a couple of hours that I browse their website to find information to buy a couple of relys from them, but the only thing that I found was a contact address, which I sent an email and received no reply from them. I searched a couple of products which I need along S7 in RS but RS or ebay don't have them. The product is related to high power.

SIPROTEC 4

Thanks,
Sam