Global popup window for Crimson 3.0

Yna

Hi, I'm using crimson 3.0 OIT software. Does anyone know how to create a global popup window so that I will not create more graphics pages and edit each property to add animation? I mean 1 pop up page only which i can be used many times with different tags?

The scenario is I have 20 typical pumps with popup faceplate(window). Each faceplate displays the status and total running time of the unit. There is also start and stop control and I want to add confirmation before starting or stopping the unit. Any help please.

Thank u..

Hi, I'm using crimson 3.0 OIT software. Does anyone know how to create a global popup window so that I will not create more graphics pages and edit each property to add animation? I mean 1 pop up page only which i can be used many times with different tags?

The scenario is I have 20 typical pumps with popup faceplate(window). Each faceplate displays the status and total running time of the unit. There is also start and stop control and I want to add confirmation before starting or stopping the unit. Any help please.

Thank u..

Create a Popup window for one of the pumps exactly the way you want it to look.

Turn the items on the page into a Widget.

Copy the page 20 times.

Bind the Widget on each page to a different pump.

This is the simplest way to do it.

Of course the assumes that you have used a logical and duplicated folder structure for your pump data tags.

Widgets is one option. Arrays are another using sequential addressing. Arrays are great, but take more planning, and don't forget to leave space, if you would like to add more.

Thank you for your suggestions. I will try to work on just one popup and I will add an internal array variable. I'll add logic and designate the equivalent of each element through the program script.. That array element is the tag that I will use for the animation of my global popup. Is that correct?

Widgets is one option. Arrays are another using sequential addressing. Arrays are great, but take more planning, and don't forget to leave space, if you would like to add more.

Hi! Can you guide me creating array using sequential addressing?

I've tried to create an internal array variable with 20 elements. Then on the program script, I designate each element to specific tag like this.

Program1:
Array1[0]=pump1_run_fb;
Array1[1]=pump1_ready;
.......so on until
Array1[19]=pump1_alarm;

Program2:
Array1[0]=pump2_run_fb;
Array1[1]=pump2_ready;
.......so on until
Array1[19]=pump1_alarm;

On the graphics page, i add action to the primitive to run the program1 for pump 1 and program2 for pump 2..and so on upon released. The problem here is the data on each element is not updating. I think it only scan the program once I open the popup window. Can you guide me on what I am doing?