Slc 500 eeprom

kongshitt

Lifetime Supporting Member
Ive got an old school SLC 500 (1747-L30C) and im pretty sure the processor is fried. (It was pulled with an old machine, and when it arrived we can see the slag remnants from the crew taking the machine apart with a "blue wrench")

We are hoping to pull the EEPROM and try to harvest the program from it, so we can transplant it into a new processor.

The EEPROM module is marked 1747-M1

Can anyone help me out with compatible SLC processors? I have a SLC 5/01 and a SLC 5/04 processor I can put into a spare rack and see if we can get it powered up, but I'd rather not fry anything worse than it is already.

Thanks!

The book says they are with the SLC5/01, see pdf's below.

You might want to contact your local AB rep.

To add to my above post, I am not sure what would happen if you tried to load that
old program into a different processor type. My guess is it would not do it. But I have never tried it.

Last edited: