Setting Privileges on PV Component

Good Morning Sirs,

Now I'm developing an application in a PVc C400 and I would like to set the user's privileges on this HMI, but I'm not getting how to do it.

On the PanelBuilder32 there was a specific screen for setting the user's privileges, just checking the select boxes for which screen which user will have access.

On FTView ME I have to set a security level and set each screen to which level it can be accessed or not. And there was another thing that I used to do on PVP that was to use the visibility animation to make some input fields to appear or disappear, just setting a tag like "if sys\User == maintenance" then the fields appear, if not they disappear.

But on PVc I'm not finding a way to set this security levels and using this kind of access level to make some objects to appear or not (if this is possible on PVc).

Can anyone help me with this?

Thanks in advance.

I didn't see anything in the user manual or knowledgebase or in a Google search. It's very possible I missed it, but I am going to guess that since that the feature is not available on a PC Component.

Just in case and since I was just looking at it, here is the user manual:
http://literature.rockwellautomation.com/idc/groups/literature/documents/um/2711c-um001_-en-p.pdf

EDIT: Actually, look at page 44. You should be able to set up security options on PV Explorer under Terminal Security. Is that what you were looking for? Not entirely sure if you can have individual user privileges, but it's a starting point (or at least better than nothing).

"As long as security is enabled, any user that tries to access the terminal or the
design-time environment while connected to the terminal must first log in with a
valid user name and password."​

Last edited:
I found it! A little bit different from the FTView ME and PB32.

In the screen option (Right Tab) there is a "Sreen" menu and a "Acces Rights" filed. Then after you set up the access levels you just put in that field that level of access of each screen.