conversion of plc 5 to control logix 5000

wht are the main changes has to be noticed in software and hardware
and io addressing aswell
actually i have a program in plc 5 and i am converting in control logix 5000 but i am getting some errrors with timers block transfer read and write,and using move instruction ,and most important things which i have to notice when i m converting it in to control logix 5000.
thnks for ur help

As far as timers, the time base in ControlLogix is always 1 millisecond. Adjust your timers accordingly. As the accumulator is a DINT (32 bits) that s quite a time range available.

biggest differences:

Block Transfers will have to be reworked into MSG (Message) commands ...

big tip: if your PLC-5 system used ANALOG modules, (etc.) then carefully save the "configuration" data values that were previously transferred by the Block Transfer Writes ... you'll have to MANUALLY enter those values into the new data arrays ... be sure that these arrays are created as INT locations – not the default DINTs ...

also be extremely careful with the addresses of I/O bits ... the PLC-5 uses OCTAL addresses – ControlLogix uses DECIMAL addresses ... the addresses of I/O bits past "07" will usually be renumbered ...