Panel View 550 CAT 2711-T5A8L1 - A - D - 4.00

jara

Hello Everybody

This is my firts time working with this panel view.
This panelview have RS232 for printer and DH+.
What I need to upload and download the program?
I have serial cables and Advanced Inteface Converter AIC+, but this don´t have DH+.
Any sugestion is welcome!

Thank you

With that model you will need to be able to access it for downloads via DH+. For that you'll need a PCMK card or a USB to DH+ converter. (p/n 1784-U2DHP I think).

We have a lot of 550's with DH485. Whenever possible I try to switch this to something else. My 1st choice would be Ethernet but this usually requires a processor change (i.e. SLC 5/03 to 5/05). If there's only one divice on the network (usually the case) I'll go with DF1. I've found that when replacing a 550, it's cheaper in many cases to go with a Cmore panel and redevelope the HMI than it is to but another 550.

Thanks for your advised!
It was my mistake, because I believe that RS232 was for programing port. If I was read the user manual before buy it! Now the inferface is more expensive that my panel view.

2n8mqv9.jpg
2n8mqv9.jpg

I know that with 550's we have here (DH485), the serial port is for printers and uploading/downloading is not possible. I always use a DH485 - USB converter.

Unless the aux/printer port has been configured for a printer you should be able to connect to it using the DF1 driver in RSLinx. A straight thru cable will work.

Can you get to the configuration screen to check how the port is configured? Or do you have the offline file? If you have the offline file then open it with PanelView32 and check the ports configuration.

If nothing was/is connected to it then it is probably still at it's default configuation (DF1)

Another option is a memory card.

Last edited:
Unless the aux/printer port has been configured for a printer you should be able to connect to it using the DF1 driver in RSLinx. A straight thru cable will work.

Can you get to the configuration screen to check how the port is configured? Or do you have the offline file? If you have the offline file then open it with PanelView32 and check the ports configuration.

If nothing was/is connected to it then it is probably still at it's default configuation (DF1)

Another option is a memory card.

Thank you very much for your answer Mickey!!!
I believed that I couldn´t do anything because I don´t have any card PCMK or 1784-U2DHP, so still I have hope to work with the panel
I did a reset to the panel, now I don´t have anything.
I have made the procedure for view the configuration screen after restart the panel.
Can I connect the panel with DF1 drivers? I have this cable 1747-CP3 and AI+

Again if the port is not configured for a printer then the DF1 driver should work.

The cable should be a straight thru cable.(see PDF) The 1747-CP3 is a null-modem cable it will not work with your PanelView. You don't need the AIC+.

Does your computer have a real serial port? If not you need a USB to serial adapter. Then the straight thru cable.

Or as stated above a memory card will work. (see pdf)

I did not know that about the printer port. Thanks. Using the serial port would be easier than a memory card. A few years ago I shopped around for one and due to PV size limitations I had a hard time finding one with a low enough amount of memory. And when I did find one it was pretty expensive.

I did not know that about the printer port. Thanks. Using the serial port would be easier than a memory card. A few years ago I shopped around for one and due to PV size limitations I had a hard time finding one with a low enough amount of memory. And when I did find one it was pretty expensive.

You are right about DH485 PV's the printer port is for a printer only.

Again if the port is not configured for a printer then the DF1 driver should work.

The cable should be a straight thru cable.(see PDF) The 1747-CP3 is a null-modem cable it will not work with your PanelView. You don't need the AIC+.

Does your computer have a real serial port? If not you need a USB to serial adapter. Then the straight thru cable.

Or as stated above a memory card will work. (see pdf)

Thanks again

If I´m not wrong the printer is disable, see the pictures

t5rfie.jpg

xbfi1d.jpg

Thanks for the pinout of the cable! and yes my computer have a real serial port
I´m going to looking for the cable and If I have it I´m going to prove it and let you know if it works!

Thank you very much for all yours replys