Is Possible transfer programs Comments slc 5/04

ebill

I have a original programs with comments of the ab plc 5/04, when connect my computer I pulled a program copy without of comments, is possible transfer the comments of the original program to the other program without of comment, I made a compare and both programs are the same.

Go online using the program you have on disk, and upload the current file using comments from the disk file.

However, if you compared, and they are the same.. why would you need this?

I undestand but, I have another probrams that only change to rung and I need put the commets to that program.

Sorry mate, Im not sure I understood that. So I stick by my initial answer.

Select your program with comments.
Go online on the PLC using said program.
If it doesn't match, upload using program on disk so that comments will stick.

Good luck, have fun.

In RSLogix500 go to Tools>Database>ASCII Export/Import. This can be used to get all the comments out of one program and into another.

when open the program with comments offline to try to send the comments to the other program I open tool>database>ascii export> the destination file extension are difference that the program use, the programs is extension .RSS, can you explain afther that?

I done, basic after follow the instructions, save the file in the folder, them open the program without of comments, tool import and looking the files in the folder prevuious open and work. Thanks