Retrieving program from CM1746? (used w/ AB SLC 5/03)

Erica_S

Hello.

I am using an Allen-Bradley SLC 5/03 CPU (1747-L532) with a CM1746 RFID
Interface Module in the slot. They are mounted to an RFID reader with a tag and a few buttons (it's a testing station).

The main issue I am having is that I need to retrieve a previous custom C program from the CM1746 and the manufacturer no longer exists. I am currently trying to communicate with it via Windows HyperTerminal and it seems to do nothing.

Basically what I want to know is:

• Is there any way I can upload the program? If so, how?
    Can I communicate with Windows HyperTerminal? If so, what I am doing wrong? If not, what other programs could I use?

I have attached some useful documents such as the datasheet, manual, and FAQ doc. Thanks.

Bump. Really need help with this.

I have managed to get HyperTerminal to react to the card and I have attached a screenshot of what I get.

Now I just need to figure out a command sequence of some sort to possibly make a menu appear. I will keep digging, but some help would be nice.

Thanks in advance.

Screen Cap.jpg

Might Help

I found this document online with a search. I couldn't link to web site so I uploaded the document. Hope this will point you in right direction.

Erica call George or Sam at CED they might be able to help.
I am in Corydon IN if you need local help.