RS view32 Vs Factory talk view

DEEBAN T

hi guys. i'm working on factory talk view... But RS view32 is used in other dept of my company...May i know the difference between RS view32 and factory talk view? Help needed... thanks in advance...

Theres a comparison of RSView 32 + FactoryTalk SE/ME on Rockwells Knowledgebase. It requires a TechConnect account. #34805

They are dropping the axe on RSVIew 32 this year. Everything is going to move over to FactoryTalk permanently. It will be nicer because now you can program a PanelView and a PC HMI from the same program. No more needing to switch back and forth.

There is a function in FactoryTalk that allows you to move your RSView program into FT. It moves tags, screens, macros, etc...My distributor gave me 35% off the new licenses of FT by turning in my RSView licenses. They call it the Step Forward program. I now have FT Station on all the HMIs for the machines and 1 single USB dongle (~$130) that has my development license on it. Now I don't have to have works and run-time licenses on all of my computers, just the software. If I need to edit something, I plug in the dongle and I can access my development. I highly recommend using this strategy if you are moving to FT.