Crimson 3 G308 Programming

Bullzi

Lifetime Supporting Member
Hi All,
I using a G308 connected to a ML 1400 for this Project.

I have a Motor Operated Valve with Open and Closed Limit Switches running into the PLC. I want to put a single object on the G308 that will be Red when the Closed Limit Switch is made, Green when the Open Limit Switch is made and Yellow when neither of the switches are made.

Right now I have the box going red when the Open switch is not made and green when it is made. I would like a more positive indication of the valve's status.

I have played around with it but haven't been able to figure it out. I'm missing something or I am over thinking it. Any help you can give would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!!

This is the code I use under Figure -> Fill Format -> Color 1, for a rectangle that shows the status of a motor.

if (Alarm)
return 0x001F; /*red*/
else
if (Running)
return 0x03E0; /*green*/
else
return 0x7FFF; /*white*/

I hope this helps!

Thanks Elcan!!
In your code do I put my tag mane for the limit switches in the (Alarm)and (Running) positions? Syntax wise do I include the ()?

Answered my own question. I have to put the () around the tag name, Thanks for the help I am going to try it a little later and see what I get.

I was looking for that code. Were do you get those codes? I looked in the manual and couldn't find anting. Was just about to do a Internet search.

One last question. If I want text in the box to say OPEN, CLOSED or - for the three states how do I do that?

I was looking for that code. Were do you get those codes? I looked in the manual and couldn't find anting.
This trick works for me:
Open the properties for an object that uses a color, like a rectangle. Go to Fill Format. Set Pattern as "Solid Color". For "Color 1", select any color you need to find out the code. Then, change "Fixed" to "Expression". The color code will be displayed.

What type of object are you using? If you use a Data Box, you can go to the "Format" tab, set the type to multi-state, "Edit..." the number of states, and set the text for each state.

[Edited to add: for this to work, you would need to change "Value:" under the "Data" tab to complex code and do something similar to above:
If <closed> return 1
If <open> return 2
else return 3]

Another option is to stack objects with their visibility ("Show" tab) set. The yellow one would be always visible and placed on the bottom of the stack. Then the red one with visibility set to <closed>, then the green one with visibility set to <open>

Last edited:
One last question. If I want text in the box to say OPEN, CLOSED or - for the three states how do I do that?
This is a little more complicated. I would do something like this:
1) Add a rectangle primitive.
2) Right click -> Add Data.
3) Properties -> Format: Multi State. States: 3.
4) Format Sates: 1: 1, Closed; 2: 2, Open, 3: 3: Moving.
5) Data-> Data Source -> Value: Complex. Code:
if (Closed)
return 1;
else
if (Open)
return 2;
else
return 3;

I hope this is clear enough!

Thanks everyone for the help. I applied your instructions and it worked perfectly.
Thanks again I learned something today!!