Allen Bardley vs Siemens PLC

tahir4awan

I learned that ladder logic is same for all PLC. But when I studied the Allen Bradley and Siemens PLCs there are differences. So which PLC programming we should learn? and if someone is master in any one of the brand of PLC programming then how can he program other PLCs?

What about Omron, Modicon, Mitsibushi and all the other PLC's ?
Here in Finland, almost everybody can program Simatic and Omron.
So, I refuse "exotic" brands. It is the best responsibility for the final maintenance.
For US project we have usually used AB.
AB is not very common brand here, seems expensive and complicate support jungle for buses and updates, forward and backward.
Also, Beckhoff is coming fast here. Good price policy and engineering software is practically free.

Though there are ome basic differences in every PLC's, most of the PLC can be programmed in the same way LAD/FBD/STL etc.You just have to do training in one PLC and just to know how u can handle the other one by manuals in internet.It works.