Why Siemens PLCs are used?

tahir4awan

Statistics shows that Siemens PLCs are the most widely used PLCs then Allen Bradley. But when I studied their ladder logic programming I found Allen Bradley ladder logic is the most simple. While Siemens ladder logic is bit complex.Then why Siemens PLCs are widely used?

Ladder is not the only PLC programming language. Ladder dominates in the USA but text based languages such as STL used by Siemens is very popular especially in Europe. I would say some Plc manufacturers are stonger than others depending on programming language.

I think programming in SIEMENS is simple as Allen Bradley and it has much more things than Allen Bradley to do.Use FB,FC,DB you will get the taste of SIEMENS.