dde and vb code

In our plant we have some Chambers and the tempature goes from 0 to 285 degrees and the ram pressure is 0 to 1000 psi. These cures very in length from 8 to 30 hours. We bring this data into a Excell file using rslinks/DDE. Does anyone know how to right the vb code that would take the data coming into the cell in Excell. And every say 2 minutes log it into Access with a date and time stamp with it.I know there are several programs that will do this. Rsview makes it look simple, but it would really be cool to beable to it yourself.
Thanks
Thomas Sullens

I know just enough about Access, VB and DDE to be dangerous. It seems though it would be easier to forget about the Excel cell and have Access directly do a timed read of the location of the information and save it to a new record with a time stamp. Unfortunately now I don't have the use of Access here at home so I can't give you an example.

Hi Bernie
The reason I used Excell, is all you have to do is copy and paste.
And thats about the exstent of my programing abilitys. If you have an
idea on how to use Access let me know.
Thanks

VB for Process Control

The question is, do you want to use pure VB or VBA that comes with Office.. VBA would be difficult, VB would be VERY easy.. I have apps that do almost exactly what you describe.. It is very easy to get DDE from RSlinx of from a 3rd party (much cheaper) OPC server.. Then writing to ACCESS is easy..
Sheesh.... I tried to paste some code in here but this editor screwed it up :) Any way it's only about 20 lines of code to do what you want in VB6..

Hi Aaron
We already have rslinks pro and Access, as for vb or vba I know
about the same of both of them. In other words if I can`t copy
and paste the code I`m up a creek without the pattle.If you can
help I would appreciate it.
Thanks
Thomas

This might help:

http://forum.mrplc.com/index.php?act=Downloads&CODE=02&id=120

It's source code for a VB 6.0 application I never finished. BUT the DDE to PLC works in this application. I was working writing the ACCESS porition when I ran out of time. That's the only thing that did not get finished was after requesting the information in VB in a FORM, then taking that and writting it to an ACCESS database.

Rich Schmidt wrote an ACCESS database application that works, you can download his source code here:

http://forum.mrplc.com/index.php?act=Downloads&CODE=02&id=137

If you have any questions, post them I'll try and help.

Hi chakorules
I down loaded the files this looks pretty intimidating, but maybe
with the grace of the Lord and some studying. I`ll be able to ask some half sensable questions. I`m going to fool with this a couple of days and I`ll get back to you.

Thank you vary much for this help
Thomas