Motion Control question

angi

Hi guys

I am new for motion control, one question about how to start and stop Kinetix 6500?
As we know that for VFD, there are Tag.start and Tag.stop command used to stat/stop VFD, how about to do the same thing for 6500? can I use MAM to start 6500 and MAS to stop it?

thanks

Before you use those commands you will need to use the MSO to enable the axis, then you can use the MAM, the MAM will move the distance that you tell it to so you do not need to use the MAS, you really only need to use the MAS if you use the MAJ, unless you are part way through a move and want to stop the move then you would use a MAS.

Alan

thanks Alan

I am studying a motion program now, there is MSo to enable the Axis, there is also MAG to change the gear ration, but I do not see any MAM command for that Axis, I amwondering how the motion control works, could you explain it based on your experience?

thanks

If it is using the MAG then what axis is it gearing to, that axis probably has a MAM command to run it.

An axis does not need a MAM to move, as in your program it can be geared to another axis to get its move command.

Read up on how each command works to help you understand the program you are studying.

Alan

ActualPosition is an internally generated number based off of where the axis is homed and on the encoder feedback. The feedback has a conversion number in pulses per inch or pulses per revolution that will translate pulses to position. The encoder feedback conversion number can be set in the Axis properties. A convenient command I use if I know the axis position is the MRP (motion redefine position). This will set the ActualPosition to where you want it to. While useful to get the axis at anapproximate position it does not replace the MAH homing command.