Communication Protocol between Rx3i PLC & CITECT SCADA v5.4

TALHA337

Dear all,
I have an existing CITECT SCADA v5.4 which is quiet an old one and have to communicate with GE Fanuc Rx3i PLC..........in going through the CITECT I/O devices, i found it has support for 90-30 & 90-70 series PLC and not Rx3i series PLC.
So, can anyone please help me if it is possible to perform communication through ethernet or some software updates would be required.......Waiting for a quick reply.
Thanks in advance

Hi,
I am working in my planet with SCADA Wizcon connected to RX3i with
Ethernet driver the same as used with PLC GeFanuc 90-30.

Tamir

Communication protocol between Rx3i PLC & CITECT SCADA v5.4

Hii Tamir,

Thnks for ur interest......can u send me the communication protocols i.e. the i/o devices type, port type, boards and everything regarding communication category.........it would be helpful if u cld give a quick response

Hi,
Do you want to connect your PLC in Ethernet or in serial communication?
For Ethernet:
In the PC you need to set the IP of the card that connected
to PLC for example IP= 100.0.0.10 Subnet=255.255.255.0
In the PLC:
The ethernet is from card IC695ETM001 near CPU on the rack
In the configuration of the card set IP=100.0.0.1 Subnet=255.255.255.0
Thirst check the communication using ME.

Tamir

Hiii Tamir,
ones again thnks for quick reply.........I have already assigned the address......its ethernet redundant communication......
my main problem is which i/o device to take for ge Rx3i..wht are the port name and board name u are going to use. Basically the screen which appears when we click on the i/o device tab.

also can u tell me how u are assigning address in it generally in GE PLC the address is written as %i00001, %q00001, %ai0001, %ao0001...so how are u writing address in citect scada because it wld show compilation error if i write address as above....

Thanks again very much for ur reply........looking forward for further reply from u...

Hi Talha,
I only know how to write the tags addresses edit the program in WIZCON.
I guess that in CITECT it is completely different.
You can try finf it in HELP file of the driver of GE ethernet in CITECT.

Tamir
Tamir

You should be able to communicate to the RX31 with any driver/server that could connect to the 90/30. The one difference is that you will not be able to read any of the Symboilic addresses with those older drivers.