AB L5K Upgrade to v20 corrupts activation file

TerriLaf

Has anyone ever run into this before?
I have an older activation for L5K (floppy disk version) which I have had no issues with. Recently, I installed version 20 of L5K and now the software is acting like I no longer have an activation file on my local drive. When I run the EVMove tility, it shows a valid activation on my local drive. I also (just for fun) installed an additional activation to which it ignored as well. Given that this has put me into demo mode, I have only today left to figure this out.
Hoping someone might have seen this before and can lend an idea or 2.

V20 does not support master disk activations, you must convert to Factory Talk activation.

Also v20 must use RSlinx 2.59 that also uses FT activation only

Contr_Conn is correct. v20 must be converted to FactoryTalk activation. Just be careful. I had also purchased the autotuner for the PIDE and it is only available in master disk activation and can't be migrated to FactoryTalk activation. I had to fight with Rockwell to get them to upgrade my Logix5000 package to "full" which has support for the autotuner without a separate license key.

Also check any other of Rockwell software that you have on your computer, as they may also be affected.

My install went so bad that I had to uninstall v20, and go back to v19, to get the RSLogix5000 to work.

Unfortunately it also knocked out some other files, and now RSStudio ME software won't properly.

You have the same problem.

autotune option comment is correct but it's only valid if you bought it separately for your standard version of RS5K.
If you have full or pro, then FT activation is OK.

autotune option comment is correct but it's only valid if you bought it separately for your standard version of RS5K.
If you have full or pro, then FT activation is OK.

Yes, sorry if that was not clear in my original post. I had get Rockwell to upgrade me to full as a permanent solution.