Contrologix network through INTERNET

Abuuramu

Hi all!!

Somebody have configured a network of Contrologix connected through INTERNET?

I am working in a architecture of this type but i do not have much idea about network configuration and the equipment necessary for this architecture.

i was thinking in a admistrable switch Stratix for each ControlLogix in the network, but how must be configurated the network for comunicate the processor through INTERNET.

Thanks.

You need more gear. You will want a firewall in front of that plc and or switch and you will need a lan connection with internet access or a modem (cable,DSL,T1,ISDN,etc)feeding the firewall at a minimum to keep things secure.

Hi plc kid, thanks for comment.

An example of the architecture could be....

PLC and HMI (star network) -----> Stratix-----> Firewall ----->modem(router)

and the vpn is configured in the modem router.

is that correct?

In most cases and best practice the VPN would be done on your firewall but the firewall ,modem and router can be on physical box it jsut depends on the gaer you choose. I like to keep things seperate myself as it is easier to troubleshoot when there are issues IMHO but YMMV.