1770-KDF Adapter Question....

JoseM

Got a question on DeviceNet. I have a few 1747-SDN scanners Rev. B with firmware 4.15 that I will like to update them to firmware 6.02.

I was looking around the maintenance office of this company where I recently started working and they have the 1770-KFD DeviceNet adapter.

Can anyone help me learn how to use it? If I have a "Passthrough" driver already configured, do I need to delete it before I can configure the driver for the 1770-KFD?

Do I connect directly to the scanner and update using the "Control Flash" tool given to me by Rockwell Software?

I notice that on one of the control panels at our plant looks like it has more than one 1747-SDN scanner, I need to upgrade everyone of them, correct?

Do I need to disconnect the DeviceNet cable from the 1747-SDN and connect the 1770-KFD directly to it so I can flash it?

Because I don't see where I can tap in on the current DeviceNet network with the adapter in order to talk to all the devices..

You will need a piece of DeviceNet cable "pigtail"ed from the scanner's DeviceNet connector to the 1770-KFD network port connector.