Need advice for a motion control application

angi

Hi guys

there is a motion control application which need you guys suggestion. see the attached drawing, there is a plate A and two cylinder B and C, we need use these two cylinders which controlled by Kinectix6500 to maintain the level of plate A, that means the extend length of cylinder B and C should be always same, in order to keep one analog value constant, the length of the cylinder will be changed. in this application we need to monitor the absolutive length of the cylinder, at the same time, we also need to monitor the length difference between these two cylinders.

how to make this happen?

thanks

or are you extending the cylinders and need to maintain the level of the plate, if so you could try gearing the 2 cylinders together to the command position.

Do you have a distance sensor on each cylinder?

What are you using to drive the cylinder?
Screw thread? Hydraulics?
What is your measurement system ? - Linear transducer (eg MTS Temposonics), incremental Encoder, SSI resolver (usually installed a servo motor)

Must be level at power up? Then require absolute feedback
Are there Brakes to keep level when powered off?
How do you want to recover if not level

Lots of questions that lead to better answers

Thanks Dr and Mike
the plate need to move up and down in order to maintain another analog value contantly.
we are going to use MPAI screw thread cylinder controlled by Kinectix6500, there is a 1024 Sin/Cos multi-turn ABS encoder with the cyinder. when power up, we are thinking move both of the cylinder to uppermost position, and then according to the analog value, adjust the length of cylinder.when power off, do you think it will keep level without brakes?

thanks